joshcs.eth (@joshcs) • Hey
Solutions Engineer at Celestia Labs 🧱✨ // Developer DAO (🧱,🚀)
- cooking in cast iron >>>
- i forgot how weird it feels to put contacts in for the first time (now, after 5+ years of having not worn them)
- no 1 for me on this album
- “As the authors of The 4 Disciplines of Execution explain, ‘The more you try to do, the less you actually accomplish.’ They elaborate that execution should be aimed at a small number of ‘wildly important goals.’”
- Cal Newport, Deep Work
- happy swiftie bowl sunday 💃🏈
- “distraction remains a destroyer of depth”
- Cal Newport, Deep Work
- it turns out my cat likes the automatic litter box more than i do 😂
playing around with livepeer 📺
- celestia light node running on ios
- gm gm
- Imagine if you could store your gho balance on this card
- if we have modules for contacts, settings, posts, reads, replies, reactions, discover, connect, search, save link, put link here…
only thing to decide is which networks
- In the not too distant future ….
if we have modules for contacts, settings, posts, reads, replies, reactions, discover, connect, search, save link, put link here… i've "built my own browser." only thing to decide is which networks i will browse. web3 native browser wen?
- let’s go rams 🐏🏀
- connecting to ethermint rollup on iOS by @joshcs.lens #Lenstube
- will a world exist where I can have multiple addresses tied to a lens account? 👀
- do I try and ditch the bird app for this 👀
anyone done it?
- XMTP + Next.js + Lens - Real-time encrypted messaging across all of your apps
XMTP real-time encrypted messaging is 🔥🔥
A shared inbox across all of your apps.
I open sourced a real-time app with Next.js and @xmtplabs to get you started.
The app uses the @LensProtocol namespace so you can inherit the 100K+ users of Lens off the bat 👇
The app is pretty basic in terms of styling, but in the video it shows how powerful it is - immediate integration with every app across the entire protocol(s) and ecosystem(s) of
both Lens and XMTP.
- a celestia light node running in a web browser from a docker-compose.yml using an existing image 🤯
- nerdlegame 353 5/6
- spatial audio with AirPods is next level
- Crazy that every day we wake up not knowing when or if we’ll be either locked out, banned, shadow-banned, or whatever tf after spending years building up our networks
- This seems like a tipping point.
People are starting to realize that censorship-resistance and immutability are properties that are meaningful to the average person – not just those who are persecuted
- Implement a Follow on Lens button in less than 90 seconds.
In this video you'll learn how to add a "Follow on Lens" button to your web app in just a few lines of code.
- SealVault: On-chain profile manager for web3 power users 🔑📱🏄🏽♀️🦭🌊🌐
Surf web3 anon and enjoy. Have burner profiles, no account and one dapp-key manager.
- metamask experimental revoke connections 👏
- connecting to ethermint rollup on iOS
this is the button to add a sovereign rollup built with ethermint as a network to your wallet
the rollup posts its data to Celestia for data availability and consensus
the button is a piece of a full-stack demo I’m working on
- @buttrfly.lens , also Converse but it hasn’t launched yet
- What’s the best app on lens for iOS to send messages with xmtp?
- A lot has happened over the past few months in the @LensProtocol ecosystem.
In this thread I want to highlight some of the projects, updates, and products we or the community has shipped over the past year and also shed some light on what's coming next. 🌿❤️🔥⚡️
For anyone unfamiliar with @LensProtocol - Lens is a protocol, API, and suite of tools that enables developers to easily and quickly build social media applications, or integrate social features like follows, likes, publications, profiles, and encrypted chat.
Since the official launch on Polygon on May 18:
... there have been around 100 apps that I would consider serious that are being built or that have launched on Lens.
There are also many apps integrating Lens social features into existing apps.
This use case will be a popular and growing one this year as it is a low lift and requires minimal work, but with a lot of upside.
Want to parse social posts in your wallet? Lens
Want to add a comments section to your blog? Lens
Already have posts/comments but want to add Collects, linked re-posts, and linked likes to your posts? Lens
Want to add a discussion forum to your site that's token-gated for your DAO? Lens
Want to leverage a user base of x hundreds of thousands (or in the future, x millions) of users without having to bootstrap a network from scratch? Lens!
Like managed services and cloud computing has abstracted away the need to build abd maintain complex back end infrastructure from scratch, Lens abstracts away to the need for developers to build and maintain the infrastructure necessary to implement social features themselves.
Whether or not Lens is built on traditional or decentralized technologies should not matter to the average user or developer.
At the end of the day, many of the features provided by Lens are only made possibly by blockchains and decentralized protocols like Arweave and IPFS, but they should not be at the forefront of the discussion.
Instead, the applications should speak for themselves: the UX and value proposition should be compelling enough on their own for the average internet user or developer to want to use or build on Lens, regardless of the underlying tech stack.
Part of providing a compelling UX is abstracting away the need to know about or understand blockchains and wallets at all.
As of now, this is not part of the average Lens front-end, but is something we'll be considering this year as we move toward scaling Lens to >50,000 TPS and enabling permissionless access to the protocol (both of which are on our somewhat near-term roadmap).
For developers, we plan to double down on providing the best possible DX we can offer for developers.
Last year we made consistent updates and improvements to our docs and API and launched two new SDKS:
Lens React SDK
and React Native Lens UI Kit
We have a lot of plans for these two libraries, and will also be considering shipping additional products to facilitate and improve the ease of development for devs building on or integrating Lens.
The engineering team led by @wagmi continues to ship new updates to the Lens API at a rapid pace.
You can keep up with the updates by following LensAPI on Lens: @lensapi
A small handful of highlights I will call out that were shipped last year:
- gated publications powered by @LitProtocol
- dispatcher enabling signless transactions
- optimistic UI updates
- feed highlights
- degrees of separation
- profile interests
+ many many others
In November, Lens adopted @xmtplabs to provide secure, private, and encrypted profile-to-profile DMs for the entire Lens ecosystem.
This was huge as it was one of the most requested features from Lens users and the reception has been incredible.
The Lens grants program has deployed funds to over 50 teams building on Lens.
We plan to continue working closely with, and providing support for, certain developers and teams who are building interesting or valuable applications on Lens through our grants program and / or providing engineering support through private channels.
We will be attending, mentoring, participating, and sponsoring strategic events in 2023, including branching out into more traditional "web2" events.
We plan to attend all major @ETHGlobal events, DevCon, & a few other web3 / blockchain events.
We also plan to create small to medium-sized meetup-type events this year in cities around the world starting with Sao Paulo in a couple of weeks.
Here, people can meet others in their community who are using or building on Lens, and also get allow-listed for a profile until permissionless access is enabled for everyone.
There is a lot of hype around web3 social right now:
I agree that 2023 will be a huge year for web3 social and for Lens.
We are focused, motivated, and excited to continue building off of the momentum created last year to make 2023 a breakout year for Lens.
There is a lot more happening outside of DevRel, with dedicated teams working with creators (@christina & @bradorbradley) and also other areas of focus like integrations and partnerships.
I have not done a good job highlighting everything else happening in the ecosystem and with the other teams.
If you do want to keep up, follow Lens team members on Lens and on Twitter, starting with:
That wraps up this overview.
I'm beyond excited and motivated about what we will be working on this year and invite you enjoy the ride with us!
If you've made it this far congratulations, you can earn 1 WMATIC by simply mirroring this post (up to 200 WMATIC)
- how is this, um….could be better
SealVault: Web-3 Consumer Profile and dApp-Key Manager
Surf web3 anon and enjoy. Have many profiles, no account and one dapp-key manager. Be a PFP for your moods, activities, contacts, times. Up to you.
- The old buildspace logo, as a funko! #midjourney
- is there any way to brute force dark mode across the internet?
- ios x lens is divine. try light wallet and u can do it in safari on mobile. https://testflight.apple.com/join/4bbpvn9a
- @joshcs.lens told me something like “github is the best social media platform.”
re follow teams u admire, see updates, contribute. high signal there i presume. any of y’all think so / not so and why?
- Gm light wallet
- I forgot how nice it is here 🌱
- Hullo! Vitalik here.
Proof it's me:
- Hey everyone!
My name is Noah, and I'm a developer advocate for Phantom (https://phantom.app)
I focus on making web3 content, both written and video. I'm an egghead instructor, trying to bring high quality educational content about what developers need to know to get productive and building in web3. I also am a career switcher, coming from the food service industry, so I'm always trying to help others learn our craft, and help them get paid to do it.
Look forward to connecting with everyone here on lens. I'm really excited for what this technology will be enabling in the coming months and years.
- been a minute, gm lens
- ⛓️ ever wanted to build your own blockchain?
🥗 what recipes are you storing on your blockchain for the holidays?
🗞️ in this tutorial, you'll create a sovereign rollup with the functionality to write and read the state of the chain
- Folks who you think deserves more following on Lens? Artists, Musicians, Good Writers, Memesters and Good vibes. We all know that a follow on Lens equals a lot, since no one can rug your followers from you. You own your social network and any social capital you create 🌿