Alex (@saucypopcorn) • Hey
No idea who I am but stay tuned for updates
- Not an error. But it is what it says. Coming soon :) next 2-3 weeks max!
- I keep getting “coming soon!” Whenever I try to mint something on @lens/orbapp .
I am able to use the collect feature through other apps tho, at least @lens/hey .
Anyone else have this error?
- Can all users create clubs? Would love to start an NYC club for anyone else here in the city to join.
- Wow. Now that is a saucy new UX from @orbapp. Love it, great work!
- We need a serious gaming community on Lens.
- Good Morning Beautiful Friends ❤️
- 2023 was tenacious
2024 will be ______
- #crypto #blockchain #bittensor
Decentralized AI project Bittensor saw a massive run in November.
In this video I talk about the reasons behind the run and what is happening in the project since I last covered it.
Do watch part 1 to understand the project before watching this video.
If you want to know whether to buy the token or not then I recommend watching this video instead:
01:00 Bittensor recap
02:45 Interesting facts about Bittensor
04:15 Recent project updates
06:30 What caused the pump?
07:15 Final thoughts
Follow Block Bytes on these platforms
- Lens frens we’re opening up another round of invites for a couple more people => @lens/blitzapp specifically for our frens in the garden 🌱
If you want to help us test and have some fun with your friends on Lens comment here and I’ll pick a couple of people ahead of tomorrows announcement and send you a dm. ✌️
- Todays colour palette: jungle rave
- That's why I'm learning it right now! Basically, ZK is the most advanced in terms of complexity and new horizons for all of humanity, but I'd also like to see Social Tech (because I think it still hasn't gotten much attention) and Network States (but that idea is probably not for this bullrun).
- I was a really active photographer on Instagram back when it was still mainly focused on photos. I really miss it.
I’m thinking about launching a photo NFT collection and being more active again.
Artists & collectors - what are your fav places to post and buy NFTs? I’m thinking Zora right now but I would love to hear about others.
- Everyone is so excited about 2024, and obviously the markets are heating up again… but tbh I’m not sure we’ve really made enough advances as an industry to deserve it.
I want crypto to take off, but I’m fearful another premature bull market where people continue to get rugged, hacked, and scammed is going to do more harm than good.
What do you guys think? Do we have enough new use cases this time around? Enough legit value?
- 📣 hey frens, this is a @lens/lensprotocol 1st announcement (Twitter doesn’t know yet 🤫)
After a summer exploring post-quantum cryptography, MPC, and decentralized tech beyond blockchains I’m stoked to re-enter the arena to lead devrel at Nillion Network. 🎉
Nillion isn’t a blockchain. Rather than ordering and validating transactions, Nillion is building a decentralized network of nodes that collaborate to compute on secret data.
The Nillion network keeps data private by masking it, then distributing these masked inputs across nodes. Nodes can process and compute on data without needing to recombine masks or communicate with other nodes.
The Nillion protocol is an innovation on MPC (Multi Party Computation). The classic MPC example is the “millionaire’s problem” where a group decides the richest friend should pay for lunch. The group needs to figure out who has to pay the bill while keeping each of their individual net worths (the inputs) private.
Similarly, Nillion is useful anywhere you want to securely store and/or compute on high value data. You can run algorithms on “invisible data” or private datasets without needing to see the underlying data. For example
- Truly private, quantum secure messaging apps
- AI/ML training on sensitive health data
- Income tax calculation across accounts
The Nillion team has been heads down researching and building for the last 2 years. I’m stoked to get to bring this tech to devs. What’s next? Stay tuned for docs, developer community, testnet, and beyond. 🚀
- Has anyone noticed the difference with the new Lens V2 update? I haven’t noticed any difference, please educate me 🙏
- It you could have a dinner with 3-5 people from any point in history, who are you choosing and why?
- Somewhere deep in Brooklyn. Hope everyone had a good weekend!
- Good Night Beautiful Friends 🎉✌️🎉
- Lens V2 launching tomorrow, which is a huge upgrade in capabilities and capacity over V1!
The biggest change IMO: Smart Posts. You can now add arbitrary “open actions” to publications, which are basically remote calls made to smart contracts on any EVM chain. Collecting is an example of an Open Action in V2. You can imagine things like minting on Zora or OpenSea directly from within a Lens post.
Also no more whitelisting needed for third party modules as V2 is open. And with Profile Manager you can allow any address to take action on your part, making using cold wallets possible.
Lens was already the most powerful social protocol in web3 and V2 takes it up another level.
- Let good things happen now...
- Honestly cannot believe weed had this glow up after I don’t want it anymore. So unfair.
- Hear me out.
$LENS token. Require anyone sending DMs to non mutual to pay the receiver of the message, 5% fee to the platform.
Users can set their DM price or it can be keys similar to friend tech.
@stani.lens @nader.lens thoughts? anything like this in the cards?
- What’s everyone up to today? I’m out here grinding. It’s awful.
- Rate the vibe 1-10
- Who is working on On Chain reputation solutions?
- Hey anon, hey!
Hey @lensprotocol family! We are excited to announce our brand new home, https://hey.xyz!
**Why the change?**
Because we wanted to re-introduce ourselves as the one-stop shop for all things Lens. we will be continuing to showcase the latest features from the protocol while listening to our community for what they want to see next.
We will be exploring communities, open actions, and whole new ways you, your NFTs, and the DAOs you’re a part of can benefit from web3 social powered by Lens. This is just the beginning, so thanks for stopping by, and saying hey!
Collect this first ever post by Hey (24 hours!)
- My dating hot take:
The people who tick the boxes on whatever type of list you believe you have are traps.
The best type of love is the one you can't deny despite the person not being the best match on paper.
The best matches, the ones you truly are compatible with and can grow to love, will rarely ever tick those boxes. Sometimes, none of those boxes.
Challenge yourself to get rid of the criteria for what you think you need. Just follow the one big tick. The ticker inside your chest. Regardless of how it looks on paper.
- Hackers, $10k in bounties are on the line for @ethglobal.lens New York 🇺🇸
🏆 Best Lens App - Build an exceptional Lens app and get a chance to bag $4,000 USDC. Show us what you've got devs.
Most Original Lens App - Think outside the box. We're looking for something we've never seen before. If your app brings a fresh perspective, you could walk away with $2,500 USDC.
👩💻 Best SocialFi Lens App - In today’s interconnected world, social finance apps have a special place. Craft the best SocialFi app using Lens, and $2,500 USDC could be yours.
🤝 Best Lens Integrations - Integration is the name of the game. The top two apps that seamlessly integrate with other platforms or tools will each receive $500 USDC. Collaborate to innovate.
We can’t wait to see what builders come up with. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned hacker, there's a category for everyone to build with Lens. Let's redefine the future of social together.
- We are back from September 22-24 in the city that never sleeps when it comes to pushing the boundaries!
🗽 New York: A nurturing ground for disrupting the way we think, shaping how we engage with this new world - and reimagining a decentralized, distributed future.
Hack with some of the most skilled web3 developers, designers and product builders from all around the globe for a weekend-long adventure to advance the Ethereum ecosystem. We hope the stunning views of Pier Sixty will inspire you to try your best as you get a chance to win over $450,000 USD in prizes!
Don't delay your application, spots are running out fast: ethglobal.com/newyork
- I’ll be volunteering at @ethglobal.lens in NYC next weekend. Anyone going to be there?
- Idk who needs to hear this, but we have at least 12-18 months left of max pain before we *may* start to climb out of this bear market.
I do believe there will be another bull run in crypto, but I also believe (and hope) that it will be fundamentally different from the past cycles that were a result of hype and mania, were too early (before the tech was ready), and went too high too fast.
If you disagree, ask yourself: What sparked the last bull run? And when will similar conditions arise?
Two main factors of the last bull:
- Incredible macro. The lowest interest rates we may ever see, coupled with stimmy checks being sent directly to degens.
- DeFi summer getting everyone apeing in for gains and hyped about an updated financial system.
What do we have now? Unfavorable macro, regulatory uncertainty, and the best innovations have been… an app to gamble on friends? Please.
We have done nothing to deserve a new bull run yet. We're not even close.
The next bull run has to be the result of an expanded set of real-world use cases and at least a minimal level of regulatory clarity that shows the normies the purpose of this tech in a way they can understand.
When might those things happen? Interest rates will remain unfavorably high for at least the next year, probably closer to 2. Realistically, we also need Coinbase to get a favorable outcome in their battle with the SEC. Ripple's case took 3 years.
Let's say Coinbase wins - I do think they will - what then? We still need innovation. Where is that coming from? Ethereum has been delivering upgrades, but we have two more milestones to hit that can propel this space forward:
1. Proto-dank sharding - the beginning of reduced fees and higher throughput. Enough said.
2. Robust ZK rollups - ZKs will enable more than just private transactions, they'll make things like medical records and on-chain IDs not only usable, but better than what we have currently.
Imagine being able to prove your age without also showing a bartender your home address. Imagine going to the hospital and sharing your blood type without sharing your social security number. This is just scraping the surface, ZKs exponentially expand what blockchains can do, and the appeal they can bring to normies.
IMO, with ZK rollups, we're finally approaching the mountaintop, the holy grail that will enable real-world use cases that have undeniable advantages and begin porting over newbies en masse.
But when does this all happen? ZKs have only just begun to open bridges and become more usable. None have reputable apps yet.
It's impossible to say when they will be ready for prime time, but given the current state of affairs, it's not going to be any time soon.
So what does it mean? Buckle up, this rocket ship is going to continue feeling more like a roller coaster for quite some time.
We're going to keep weeding out people looking for moonshots, and sentiment is going to get increasingly bad. Keep your head down. 98% of CT is degens apeing around and shouting.
If you're here for the tech, nothing has changed. We're only getting closer to being a mature industry.
The future, while distant, is bright.
- Hello, fellow Lensters!
I’ve been here for a while, but I have never actually introduced myself. I’m typically wary of sharing personal details on socials, but I’m trying to turn over a new leaf.
My name is Alex, I’m 37 and from the US - NYC specifically. I’ve done a lot of traveling, however, and typically feel much more at home when I’m abroad. I definitely don’t fit into the typical American culture very well. Not that I dislike it or don’t have friends here, I just prefer the European mindset.
I have been in crypto since 2016 when a roommate who understood Ethereum well sent me down the rabbit hole. I was very lost at first, but at this point, I consider myself OG. I’m here for the tech and the potential societal impact.
I’ve been working in this space for 18 months now as a Community Manager, and I’ve picked up a few content writing gigs on the side as well. Currently looking for a new role though, as my previous company has ceased operations. (if you have any leads, please don’t hesitate to reach out!)
I love this space. It’s honestly the first industry I ever really felt excited to be a part of. Before crypto, I was basically just living to travel and finding whatever jobs I could that would support that.
I’ve worked as a real estate photographer, writer, English teacher in Thailand, bartender in Costa Rica, and even spent two years working in reality TV in LA on The Bachelor and The Amazing Race.
But past jobs were all just things I did in order to live. Being in this space is the first time I’ve ever felt connected to what I do for a living. Even when I’m not working, I’m usually somewhere online learning something new about this space, going to conferences, or just scrolling Lens/CT.
I don’t know what the future holds for me here, but I will be here on Lens and everywhere else degens reside no matter what.
If you see this message, introduce yourself to me below! Or link me to a past hello world post. I would love to know all of you better.
- Base Ecosystem Fund announces first 6 investments:
The Base Ecosystem Fund, led by Coinbase Ventures, aims to invest in the next generation of onchain projects building on base ✨🔵
- Raise your hand if you like to use @lensprotocol.lens more than Twitter.
- I need to do this more. Nature abstracts >>>>
- I still have plenty of side eye and skepticism about @friendtech.lens but I also can’t help but be interested in it. It’s obnoxious and kinda gross to buy shares or friends, but it’s also the first decentralized social network I’ve seen that is offering something truly innovative and unique to crypto. I’m torn.
How do we feel about it lensters?
- A couple @friendtech.lens invites for anyone:
- Finally got a friend tech account. Anyone need an invite code?
- I never thought that fries couldn’t replace my feelings for a boy. 🍟🥺
- Is anyone on friend.tech and have an invite code? I have one orb invite left if anyone knows a friend who wants to trade.
- Immaculate vibes at ETH Toronto + Blockchain Futurist Conference
- Anybody at ETH Toronto?
- Onchain Clown
- Gone with the wind.
- Anybody going to ETH Toronto?
- I’m developing a conspiracy theory that aliens aren’t real.
- Day 7 of Learning To DJ
any of my lens frens like house music? 👀 I
- Get at meeeeee