Monster (@rezback) • Hey
Monster (@rezback) • Hey
- tl;dr on permissionless Lens LIP-5 https://github.com/lens-protocol/LIPs/pull/29…
- Lens community strongly supports permissionless
- Small fee on the existing claim flow to mitigate DDoS
- Apps receive credits to on-board users with 0 fees on weekly allowances (managed later by a LIP)
- Each app decides their own claim flow
- Existing main claim flow can sunset to progress decentralization after apps have their own flows
- Spam/bots will be managed on community level
- No geoblocking
- Vibes only
- Very mature 👏🏻 same boat, same targets, different teams, lot's of collaboration opportunities.
- Me and @lens/christina were just diving into some numbers today, not counting hackathons we tracked over 400 apps built on Lens over the past 1.5 years 🤯
I think we're at a pivotal time in this space where the value and opportunities are finally being realized, and the market for web3 social has finally been validated.
I feel like we're going to see a lot more investment pouring into the space now that market validation has been realized.
When Lens is permissionless soon and we've gotten a grasp of quality / filtering of the feed (also soon), this domain will absolutely explode.
- Everyone should consider contribute on this although i am not sure why we should use github for this, Lens itself isn't better ? Btw i fully support the idea of Lens should get open to everyone to be honest i were not that successful to invite people out of blockchain community to use Lens. it's been a long run and i think lens is good enough for public. I can't wait to see Lens get fully decentralized and permissionless.
- Live-streaming: Deep Dive into the GHO Smart Contracts w/ @lens/the3d
- 2024 is Going to be The Most Important Year for DeFi
My DeFi journey started 7 years ago when I became passionate about the idea of democratizing finance. Ethereum enabled a platform where financial enthusiasts like me could build open, accessible,...
- Hi @lens/orbapp team i just want to report a problem the keyword search in posts is not working and it just show error that something is wrong. @lens/nilesh
- Hack with Lens V2 at @lens/ethglobal İstanbul 🇹🇷
• Best Smart Post - ① $ 5k ② $ 3k ③ $ 2k
• Best Social Experience - $ 4k
• Most Novel Social Experience - $ 2.5k
• Best Monetization with Lens - $ 2.5k
• Best Lens Integration - ① $ 500 ② $ 500
More details on bounties can be found here: https://ethglobal.com/events/istanbul/prizes#lens-protocol
- First post on Lens V2 using Orb.
- MANDATORY APP UPDATE!
Orb has been migrated to Lens v2, which includes breaking changes.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Update the app to the latest version.
2. You will be prompted to migrate if you don't log out manually.
3. Log in again.
If something still breaks after this, please uninstall the app and then reinstall it.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- Mark your calendars. Tomorrow at 16:00 UTC.
Are you GHOing?
- Incredibly bullish on what lens makes possible. I think many people miss the bigger picture.
Most people lack the imagination to catch even a glimpse of what’s possible.
- Should Ethereum be okay with enshrining more things in the protocol?
- CONTRA vs TETRIS 😁
- Minted this free collectible in celebration of @orbapp.lens funding!
The era of everyday web3 social starts here!
- This is why longevity is a bad idea
- aave bb merch, locally 🧶 in the uk! coming 🔜
- Unbelievable amount of false information during the Curve exploits yesterday. People are willing to post anything on socials without verifying first
- Drop your handle below will drop few more invites. Prioritizing active Lens users and vibes ✨
- **Introducing Lens Protocol V2**
Lens Protocol V2 – the next chapter in the evolution of Lens. V2 brings even greater control to builders and integrators as well as people exploring web3-powered experiences. Lens V2 retains its characteristic open design space that gives developers and integrators the choice.
Join us in shaping the future. Dive into the Lens Protocol V2 Open Source Codebase on Github: https://github.com/lens-protocol/core/tree/v2
Explore all the latest V2 features in our latest Mirror post:
- We are thrilled to announce we have collaborated with Coinbase Wallet and @xmtp_.lens. With this integration, Lens Protocol users can now message directly within Coinbase Wallet.
Interoperability is more than just a buzzword in the Web3 space; it's a fundamental building block. Lens users can message directly from Coinbase Wallet and keep their conversations going fluidly with their friends on Lens apps such as @orbapp.lens, @lenster.lens and @buttrfly.lens.
Additionally, if you have a Lens handle you can easily search your friends directly from your Coinbase Wallet via their .lens handle to send messages and crypto assets.
At Lens, we envision a future where digital wallets transcend their traditional roles, becoming social and multiplayer platforms that foster interaction and community. This vision is at the heart of our integration with Coinbase Wallet and XMTP.
Read more about the integration in our latest post on Mirror:
- Can we take a moment to acknowledge how huge of a deal this is?
Only a few months ago decentralization was mocked by a lot of the industry.
But now both Jack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg are building with decentralization as a core tenet. Even highlighting censorship-resistance and data ownership (if you squint your eyes).
If you're here reading this now, you're already way ahead of the curve.
- If Lens would have a simple and limited invite system that is rolled out slowly, what type of users you would invite?
- The new Bookmark feature is live on @lenster.lens, allowing users to add Bookmarks to their favorite posts. There's also a new 'Not Interested' option for content that doesn't match your taste.
Dive into the dev docs:
- Carving image on a leaf with simple laser cutter.
- Mirror this post & automatically get a Superfluid stream 🌊
This is how it works 👇
1. Mirror this post 🔁
2. Follow @superfluid.lens on Lens 🌿
**3. Get a WMATIC stream to your wallet** until the campaign ends 🌊
You can check your stream here: https://app.superfluid.finance/
This is a new way how to boost content on Web3 social platforms.
The campaign is powered by @fluidsense.lens: a decentralized web3 advertising platform built with @superfluid.lens & @lensprotocol 🚀
- You may be used to just using one or two, but there are dozens of amazing apps on Lens all with their own unique experiences, design, and focus.
You can see them here: https://www.lens.xyz/apps
What is the most underrated Lens app?
What is your favorite Lens app?
What type of app would you like to see built on Lens?
- Today marks our 1 Year Anniversary of making friends onchain 🎂!
Thank you to everyone who has made the first year of Lens Protocol so special and groundbreaking. Lens has brought together builders, creators, communities, and friends, all while in beta.
There's so much planned for the second year ahead, and we can't wait to continue to grow with all of you.
Who did you become frens with on Lens?
🎨 by @nftsushi.lens and all collect proceeds go directly to the artist.
- Secure the rAAVE tickets at all costs
- Who's hacking on Aave and @gho.lens at @ethglobal.lens Lisbon?
@aavegrants.lens has $10,000 up for grabs:
5️⃣ Plus the 5 best GHO integrations will receive $500 each!
Tune in with Dev Rel Engineer @jessglover.lens to hear more and check out this page for the full list of ideas and resources: https://t.co/Exkb7v8xfK
- Introducing the Lens SDK – your new go-to toolkit to create powerful experiences & applications for the social layer of Web3.
Developers rejoice! We have lowered the barrier to entry and made it easier than ever to create innovative, powerful, and engaging Lens apps and experiences. With the new Lens SDK you can plug into the Web3 social layer with just 10 lines of code.
Pick and choose the features you want - only the components you use contribute to the final size of your app bundles. These capabilities are all handled by the Lens SDK, allowing developers to focus on their core features.
The SDK is modular and composable. It seamlessly integrates with other Web3 projects, protocols, and tools such as @litprotocol.lens to enable token-gated publications.
Mobile apps have been some of the biggest success stories on Lens. The new SDK doubles down on mobile support, starting with React Native. With the SDK, you can build polished mobile apps without underlying knowledge of the Lens API or Lens Protocol.
Come build the future on the social layer of Web3.
Get started in our dev docs: https://docs.lens.xyz/docs/sdk-react-intro and dive into our latest blog here: https://mirror.xyz/lensprotocol.eth/LtJBLD6zX_P9EYdsJ2DrT9RaCbiE2vvtajF4Md6wHr0
- ETHGlobal Lisbon Hackathon
We want you to build on Lens!
Check out this video with Dev Rel Director @nader.lens bringing the builder energy to @ETHGlobal Lisbon.
We have $10,000 up for grabs:
5️⃣ Plus the 5 best Lens integrations will receive $500 each!
Here are some resources to get the devs started.
Docs - https://docs.lens.xyz/docs
Apps - https://lens.xyz/apps
Lensverse - https://aave.notion.site/Lensverse-a5926eab1d8148eda10053af9f4e28a0…
Reach out to @nader.lens and @jessglover.lens for any builder enquires.
We can't wait to see what you build 💚
- who's ready for eth global lisbon? 🌴🌴🌴
- if your app isn't breaking once a day you aren't shipping fast enough
- Build together, network together, share together, evolve together => Lens ecosystem 🌿
- How manuals will change with augmented reality
- We are accustomed to having printed manuals of all kinds, from recipe books, to operating and maintenance manuals for equipment, to manuals for assembling furniture in the home ourselves.
- In the best scenario there is video content that can enhance understanding and help us with the task at hand, otherwise -> paper.
- When we will have smart glasses for augmented reality, this content will be completely different from today.
- They will be real virtual models that will float in mid-air in front of our eyes and can be manipulated with voice and gestures to enhance our understanding of the task at hand.
The convergence of 3rd gen web tech means not only instruction manuals like this. It also means that many of these items could be 3D printed in your own home, after having made a scan of the space or person the item is for & made to those exact measurements. #SpatialWeb
Source article: https://shopify.github.io/spatial-commerce-projects/Instructional-AR/
Imagine creating 3D printable items and putting them on Lens for people to collect and earn you money for your work!
- Ready to add more excitement to your Music & Podcasts NFTs? 🎸🎧🎺
Our latest app update got you covered!
Update now and elevate your listening experience!
- Have you checked out @lenster.lens at @gitcoin.lens beta round?
Still, 11 days left 👀 https://lenster.xyz/gitcoin 🏃
- We made an oof...
This name was already in use in the web3 space, and we want to respect that.
So... we're taking new name suggestions below 👇
- Introducing Bonsai, an Optimistic L3 scaling solution, that will process transactions at hyper-scale, and is designed to support the next generation of web3 social users.
Available for Lens devs in closed beta today.
Data availability layers are utilized to prevent storing information on-chain. While content on Lens may include an on-chain transaction, the content data is linked to a data availability location, like Bonsai.
Bonsai serves as a scaling solution that processes Polygon transactions off-chain, achieving hyperscale and reducing costs. Unlike L2 solutions, Bonsai doesn't compress transactions into L1, it sends and stores them on a data availability layer.
The main challenge for decentralized social networks is to ensure that users have control over their content, while still being just as user-friendly as traditional social networks.
Bonsai makes the future of decentralized social possible.
We've worked relentlessly with the @bundlr-network.lens work and Arweave teams to ensure scalability by providing Data Availability (DA) guarantees, allowing the use of Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)-supported wallets to save DA logic and facilitating the rapid publishing of data.
Permissionless innovation is at the core of everything we do on Lens. As we approach one year on mainnet (still in beta), we have been blown away by the talent and passion in our dev community but we realize in order to scale to the masses, we need to build new solutions.
Bonsai is currently only being beta tested on @lensterxyz.
We look forward to seeing more applications roll out Bonsai.
Dive into the dev docs here: https://docs.lens.xyz/docs/data-availability-post
Read our latest blog here: https://mirror.xyz/lensprotocol.eth/3Hcl0dGE8AOYmnFolzqO6hJuueDHdsaCs3ols2ruc9E
- What's the Lens equivalent of saying you are going to "Tweet"?
- Supplying ETH on @orbapp.lens using AAVE
- 🌊🌊🌊 Lens Updates 🌊🌊🌊
Finally, the mirrors are back! In case you didn't understand what happened, let me explain a bit. Apparently, there were many bots using the mirror 👀 and two weeks ago, it reached a point where it congested the network, and we couldn't publish, make collect, or mirrors. Now it seems to have been fixed, and applications that have the dispatcher activated (which basically means that Lens pays the gas for the transactions) are finally back.
Since we're talking about the dispatcher, Lens released an update with this functionality. Now only high-value accounts will have free transactions, and low-value accounts will have to pay for the gas of all their transactions, such as posts, comments, mirrors, etc. Try making a mirror of this post and see if it charges you or not 👀.
And the last Lens news is that they implemented a filter for notifications. Now, only the most important ones should reach you. I really want to see which notifications you guys get. How has it worked for you? Remember that in some apps like Lenster, you can disable it if you want.
Now let's move on to Wav3s news. In case you didn't notice, the mobile version is now 100% functional, along with Wallet Connect. We also took advantage of the time when the mirror wasn't available to keep improving the application. Now it works pretty well, and we fixed all the bugs we had. So go ahead and make a Wav3 🌊.
A couple of weeks ago, Messari published an article analyzing the Lens protocol. It revealed some interesting facts, such as Wav3s being the fourth most popular application of the Lens protocol in February and March, with a staggering 450% growth, making it the fastest growing app during that period. The article also showed that interactions on the platform increased significantly. Between January and February, the number of posts doubled, comments increased 5x, and mirrors increased 10x! Is it just a coincidence? I don't think so.
And since we're talking about ourselves, we're still raising investment, and we're allocating a percentage so that our beautiful community can invest from 200 Matic. We're doing this on a platform called Syndicate, so if you're looking to invest in the fastest-growing app, now is your chance. In a little while, we'll be doing a Twitter Space to explain a bit better.
And to stay informed and be part of this great community that is growing day by day, join our Discord! 💬👨💻🚀
- I know I go on about this stuff and I apologize to anyone bored by it but I’ve been analyzing social networks since 2004, before we even understood them to be “social networks.” I understand incentives, moats, feedback loops, flywheels, etc…This is not guesswork, it’s 19 years of watching networks compete and determining why winners won and losers failed. I firmly believe Lens has the best structural model for our future. It’s obvious to me. So I’m sorry if you’ve heard this before but I’m going to keep going on and on about this until stuff actually gets built (and I know it will):
NFTs enable social networks.
They are data in a shared database.
Anyone can take that data and build an app which uses it.
If you reverse this stack it becomes infinitely easier to build everything:
Anyone can build any app.
Put the data for that app in the shared database.
Social networks can form around the data.
Social networks require data creation to survive. To get and retain more users you need more data being created. This is difficult. Most people on a social network never (or rarely) create content. This is known as the 90-9-1 Rule:
90% of users lurk
9% contribute a little
1% account for almost all of the content
TikTok has incredible solutions for this: Stitches, Duets, etc. Remixing existing data makes it easier for users to create.
The apps on Lens so far have been mostly focused on getting web2-type creators to create data. “Here’s my photo, here’s my music. Please pay me and you get a digital receipt.”
The creators here trying to break that mold (myself included!) are doing so haphazardly. In a database where anyone can create any type of data, the creators here are creating data in their own formats. I’m using my collected posts differently than @arterlioz.lens is which is different than how @chaoticmonk.lens is which is different than how @jessyjeanne.lens is.
Standards enable faster creation:
When Instagram created tools for square photos + filters people were able to quickly create data in that format.
When Instagram enabled carousels, the entire user base was able to create that data quickly.
When Instagram created Stories, the entire user base was able to create that data quickly.
When Instagram created Reels, the entire user base was able to create that data quickly.
Instagram doesn’t allow users to upload any random data, they create the tools first. The tools determine what the data looks like. A Reel is a very specific type of data in a database, for example.
In my opinion, almost all of web3 suffers this problem. Web3 is focused on creating the data first and figuring out the tools later. I’m trying to point out that doing the opposite will achieve faster, greater results.
Create the tool first.
Use NFTs as the data.
Reddit Avatars are a great example of building the tool first.
Right now collecting posts here is like Facebook + Patreon. It’s mildly interesting.
Remember the 90-9-1 rule?
Data Sovereignty is niche. The 1% care. The 90% don’t care about the database they’re using, they want to consume engaging content.
Lens’ Super Power:
Collects are a data creation flywheel!
Collecting is a new form of data/content creation. Lens’ biggest advantage by far has been almost completely ignored to date.
Collecting turns the 90% into creators. Incentivizing collecting means more data is created, more users become creators, and more creators are incentivized to create on Lens.
I beg any and all devs to please think of this stack when building here:
-Build an app with very specific data.
-Use NFTs (collects) as the database.
Incentivize collecting by utilizing the collects as data in your app. Usage, creation, and adoption will skyrocket for those who focus on the “collecting” side of the creator/collector equation.
The following tweet inspired this post:
- what a circle 😁
- blurry is better
- Analyzing your audience on @lensprotocol
I'm going to start posting more ideas on the Lens ecosystem, it's a fascinating environment to watch and its potential excites me the most.
I'm hoping that the collects I bring to each post will emphasize the importance of these ideas coming to life and hopefully spark a sense of excitement in the current and future builders of this space.
The community is just getting started and the possibilities are endless.
0.69 matic to collect, only open for 24 hours and 10% goes out to @alense.lens for her wonderful idea.
- After 24 hour marathon brainstorming session, we came up with a solution for content discovery and bot detection for Lens with @pealco.lens stay tuned for the shipping