OP (@opemsea) • Hey
i like lens
- Own your @
- Any effort not to distract yourself is perfunctory yourself
- Today marks our 1 Year Anniversary of making friends onchain 🎂!
Thank you to everyone who has made the first year of Lens Protocol so special and groundbreaking. Lens has brought together builders, creators, communities, and friends, all while in beta.
There's so much planned for the second year ahead, and we can't wait to continue to grow with all of you.
Who did you become frens with on Lens?
🎨 by @nftsushi.lens and all collect proceeds go directly to the artist.
- I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.
- Winners never quit, and quitters never win.
- Perfection is boring. Getting better is where all the fun is.
- its a design issue actually, there can be other ways produced data from the blockchain that could help to gather information from on-chain, now we rely on emitted events
- Hello #Lensfrens ! 🎁🌿 Giveaway Time 🎁🌿
We talked with Kaira team and get 20 WL for our community!
All you have to do is to follow @millionrecords.lens & @kaira.lens and collect this post !
We will choose 20 random people after 48 hours ⏰ Lets go 🚀
- the stars here are very magical 🪄
- Hey, frens 💚
There are many amazing frens on @lensprotocol that have a large community sharing informative, entertaining, and quality content.
Who is your favorite LensFluencer on LensVerse? ✨
Tag them in the comments 👇
- Bring your Crocs to ETH Tokyo tomorrow
- Morning,miss a day,when they do not learn,false life.
- Enrich your life today,. yesterday is history.tomorrow is mystery.
- 🪂 SNAPSHOT AHEAD 🪂
- 🌊🌊🌊 Lens Updates 🌊🌊🌊
Finally, the mirrors are back! In case you didn't understand what happened, let me explain a bit. Apparently, there were many bots using the mirror 👀 and two weeks ago, it reached a point where it congested the network, and we couldn't publish, make collect, or mirrors. Now it seems to have been fixed, and applications that have the dispatcher activated (which basically means that Lens pays the gas for the transactions) are finally back.
Since we're talking about the dispatcher, Lens released an update with this functionality. Now only high-value accounts will have free transactions, and low-value accounts will have to pay for the gas of all their transactions, such as posts, comments, mirrors, etc. Try making a mirror of this post and see if it charges you or not 👀.
And the last Lens news is that they implemented a filter for notifications. Now, only the most important ones should reach you. I really want to see which notifications you guys get. How has it worked for you? Remember that in some apps like Lenster, you can disable it if you want.
Now let's move on to Wav3s news. In case you didn't notice, the mobile version is now 100% functional, along with Wallet Connect. We also took advantage of the time when the mirror wasn't available to keep improving the application. Now it works pretty well, and we fixed all the bugs we had. So go ahead and make a Wav3 🌊.
A couple of weeks ago, Messari published an article analyzing the Lens protocol. It revealed some interesting facts, such as Wav3s being the fourth most popular application of the Lens protocol in February and March, with a staggering 450% growth, making it the fastest growing app during that period. The article also showed that interactions on the platform increased significantly. Between January and February, the number of posts doubled, comments increased 5x, and mirrors increased 10x! Is it just a coincidence? I don't think so.
And since we're talking about ourselves, we're still raising investment, and we're allocating a percentage so that our beautiful community can invest from 200 Matic. We're doing this on a platform called Syndicate, so if you're looking to invest in the fastest-growing app, now is your chance. In a little while, we'll be doing a Twitter Space to explain a bit better.
And to stay informed and be part of this great community that is growing day by day, join our Discord! 💬👨💻🚀
- The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
- The best hearts are always the bravest
- While there is life there is hope
- want it more that anything
- **The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.**
- **Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change**
- **A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.**
- おはよう @ethglobal.lens Tokyo! 🇯🇵
The Lens team is on the ground and we're so excited to bring the social layer of web3 to Japan.
We have $20k in prizes for the hackathon!
🥇 1st $5k
🥈 2nd $3k
🥉 3rd $2k
🎖️ 10 best Lens Integrations for nullk each
Lens is web3 native meaning it’s simple to build native payment features directly into your app. Mirrors, collects, follows and comments allow creators to monetize their content directly to the user, without intermediaries, and in a permissionless way. Premium content, token-gated rewards, tipping, crowdfunding, subscription services, referral, and affiliate programs are just a handful of the countless types of integrations you can build with Lens.
Looking for some inspiration?
- We're still in the early innings of AI and ML and want to see more devs utilizing the latest innovations from OpenAI, Replicate, HuggingFace, LangChain, and Dust just to name a few. Imagine the possibilities when web3 social intersects with AI/ML 🤯
- You could use AI/ML to analyze a user’s feed over the course of a few days and condense it into a single view so they can visit less often and still be up to date with what’s the latest and greatest.
- Or create a social learning platform that uses AI to create personalized learning paths for users. It could assess users' knowledge levels, recommend relevant learning materials, and provide real-time
feedback and guidance.
- You could use Lens profiles specifically for your gaming identity. Imagine your in-game items and high scores attached to your Lens profile and you curate a Lens leaderboard for the community.
- Bust a move! Build an app that lets users participate in virtual dance-off challenges. Users can record and upload their dances, challenge friends or random users, and compete for the elusive best dancer on Lens title 💃🕺
- Build a community app for @galverse.lens on Lens that utilizes the Splits for Collects feature (https://docs.lens.xyz/docs/create-post-typed-data#multirecipientfeecollectmodule) and you'll help with the development of the anime, character design, story, and more.
- Imagine using the Collect module for more exclusive content such as event ticketing.
- How about building a governance forum specifically for Lens users? gm DAOs 🤔
- Calling all pet lovers out there. Create a social platform where users can showcase their pets' talents, tricks, and general awesomeness. Users can upload videos of their pets and participate in virtual talent shows, with categories like "Best Trick," and "Funniest Moment"
- Want to bridge that gap from web2 social to web3? Build a site that shows you the most followed people that have used a site (maybe the 🐦 app) or help users connect their web2 account and generate a ZKP for mapping.
- Or a Lens creator dashboard for tracking post analytics (engagement, collects, revenue, etc) and helping you find your 1000 true fans.
- Maybe you find yourself collecting every post from one of the 100k profiles already on Lens. Create a module to “subscribe” to someone and automatically collect everything the post within certain parameters.
Here are some resources to support your hackathon efforts.
Dev Docs https://docs.lens.xyz/docs
Hackathon Guide https://lens.xyz/hackathons
Lens Integrations https://docs.lens.xyz/docs/integrating-lens
Lens SDK details https://github.com/lens-protocol/lens-sdk
@nader.lens will be on stage April 14th at 7:30 PM JST in the Toranomon Hills Forum, 5th Floor | Workshop Room 1, for a developer-focused session on Building Full Stack Web3 Social Applications.
Reach out to @nader.lens and @jessglover.lens for any questions on the ground in Tokyo.
And make sure to stop by the Lens booth. Show us what you're building and you just might get some exclusive swag.
- **Friendship is a sheltering tree.**
- Reordering + Visibility for roles🧙
Two new powers for all Guild summoners:
Reordering + Visibility for roles🧙
Put the most important roles first, use visibility attributes to hide roles and their requirements. The possibilities are endless from labeling to security purposes.
Use them wisely!
- Web3 is a new dimensional space built on notions that are more of a threat to the existing web than a solution.
- 🍡a little trip to nakano broadway @stani.lens @christina.lens and a little tokyo alpha @lensprotocol.lens pop socket 🌿
- 🚀🎉 Get ready to blast off with us at the hottest ClubSpace event of the year!
🗓️When? April 14th at 5pm EST
We're bringing you 3+ hours of NFT music bangers, curated by the amazing @arella.lens, Mija, and our OG playlist 🔥 Don't miss out on this epic experience, happening alongside our NFT NYC party 🌃
Claim your FREE Party Favor here 👉
https://www.joinclubspace.xyz/live/madfinance.lens and be sure to tag @jackfrost.lens and @madfinance.lens! 🎁
See you there, space explorers! 🌌 #ClubSpace #NFTParty #MusicNFTs
- Limited edition Lens PopSockets available at @ethglobal.lens Tokyo
- would be great to have on Lenster @yoginth.lens
- very nice bounties definitely good to hack upon QuickNode
- It's for a collab with someone so can't say yet 👀
- When are we gonna hear it?
- Do you ever write a piece of music that's so good that you swell up a bit and you get teary eyed listening to it? Just had one of those moments. 🤣
- How to leave today,at least you have tomorrow.
- Walk the road you want to walk and do what you want to do , keep moving ahead and that’s not the silence of failure.
- there is only one well working app and its Cryptoworth, everything else is broken
- Time is a bird for ever on the wing.
- Nothing in the world will stop me from loving you.
- Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.
- If a thing is worth doing it is worth worth doing well.
- こんにちは @ethglobal.lens Tokyo! 🇯🇵
@aavegrants.lens will have 3 main prizes for GHO and Aave with $10k up for grabs!
🥇 1st $5k
🥈 2nd $3k
🥉 3rd $2k
For those taking part in the hackathon here are some ideas to get those creative chops going! 👻
@gho.lens is designed for internet people.
With that in mind, we'd love to see you build utility around the future of payments on the web.
- You could create an app or plugin to pay with GHO anywhere.
- Imagine using GHO to buy your favorite beverage.
- Create a convenient payment platform with GHO where you can enjoy fast and secure transfers with just a few clicks. Say goodbye to time-consuming payments!
- Build a tool that uses Account Abstraction with GHO to allow users to pay gas fees with GHO, and has rebates. E.g., if the gas used is more than GHO paid, users can claim a rebate or pay it forward.
- Construct new DeFi yield strategies and opportunities for GHO and the entire DeFi community.
- Create a chargeback (direct debit) network for GHO where any user can charge an account with a set amount of GHO. GHO would then be transferred immediately but not unlocked until a set period of time passes. During this time, anyone can dispute the function if they have a balance
This is our first hackathon for GHO and we can't wait to see what you build this week.
Dive into the dev docs for GHO here: https://docs.gho.xyz/developer-docs/overview
We also want to see what devs can do with the power of Aave V3, our most significant upgrade of the Aave Protocol.
- You could build an Aave Forex tool where you can short assets. Enhance the ability of users to access forex liquidity by using one or all of eMode, flash loans, and other DeFi integrations such as @curvefinance.lens.
- Create a ChatGPT-powered risk manager for Aave utilizing OpenAI plugins to create an innovative experience for DeFi users with this leading-edge technology.
- Create a new debt swap feature. Right now you can swap your collateral from one asset to another but imagine if you built a feature for swapping debt from one asset to another.
- Utilize ZK proofs for critical vulnerabilities while not disclosing the vulnerability, i.e. prove there’s a vulnerability to the DAO so they can vote on it informed but not actually say what the vulnerability is.
- Imagine a Health Factor simulator UI component that displays a price slider per each collateral and borrowed asset, so you can simulate prices and see how your Health Factor changes under those conditions. Allowing you to take informed decisions to mitigate liquidation risks.
Dive into Aave V3 Dev docs here: https://docs.aave.com/developers/getting-started/readme
Make sure to catch @jessglover.lens and @miguelmtz.lens on April 14th at 7 PM JST in the Toranomon Hills Forum, 5th Floor | Workshop Room 1, for a GHO Hackathon Workshop.
These are just a few ideas to get you started on your hackathon project.
Reach out to @nader.lens and @jessglover.lens for any questions on the ground in Tokyo.
- I know I go on about this stuff and I apologize to anyone bored by it but I’ve been analyzing social networks since 2004, before we even understood them to be “social networks.” I understand incentives, moats, feedback loops, flywheels, etc…This is not guesswork, it’s 19 years of watching networks compete and determining why winners won and losers failed. I firmly believe Lens has the best structural model for our future. It’s obvious to me. So I’m sorry if you’ve heard this before but I’m going to keep going on and on about this until stuff actually gets built (and I know it will):
NFTs enable social networks.
They are data in a shared database.
Anyone can take that data and build an app which uses it.
If you reverse this stack it becomes infinitely easier to build everything:
Anyone can build any app.
Put the data for that app in the shared database.
Social networks can form around the data.
Social networks require data creation to survive. To get and retain more users you need more data being created. This is difficult. Most people on a social network never (or rarely) create content. This is known as the 90-9-1 Rule:
90% of users lurk
9% contribute a little
1% account for almost all of the content
TikTok has incredible solutions for this: Stitches, Duets, etc. Remixing existing data makes it easier for users to create.
The apps on Lens so far have been mostly focused on getting web2-type creators to create data. “Here’s my photo, here’s my music. Please pay me and you get a digital receipt.”
The creators here trying to break that mold (myself included!) are doing so haphazardly. In a database where anyone can create any type of data, the creators here are creating data in their own formats. I’m using my collected posts differently than @arterlioz.lens is which is different than how @chaoticmonk.lens is which is different than how @jessyjeanne.lens is.
Standards enable faster creation:
When Instagram created tools for square photos + filters people were able to quickly create data in that format.
When Instagram enabled carousels, the entire user base was able to create that data quickly.
When Instagram created Stories, the entire user base was able to create that data quickly.
When Instagram created Reels, the entire user base was able to create that data quickly.
Instagram doesn’t allow users to upload any random data, they create the tools first. The tools determine what the data looks like. A Reel is a very specific type of data in a database, for example.
In my opinion, almost all of web3 suffers this problem. Web3 is focused on creating the data first and figuring out the tools later. I’m trying to point out that doing the opposite will achieve faster, greater results.
Create the tool first.
Use NFTs as the data.
Reddit Avatars are a great example of building the tool first.
Right now collecting posts here is like Facebook + Patreon. It’s mildly interesting.
Remember the 90-9-1 rule?
Data Sovereignty is niche. The 1% care. The 90% don’t care about the database they’re using, they want to consume engaging content.
Lens’ Super Power:
Collects are a data creation flywheel!
Collecting is a new form of data/content creation. Lens’ biggest advantage by far has been almost completely ignored to date.
Collecting turns the 90% into creators. Incentivizing collecting means more data is created, more users become creators, and more creators are incentivized to create on Lens.
I beg any and all devs to please think of this stack when building here:
-Build an app with very specific data.
-Use NFTs (collects) as the database.
Incentivize collecting by utilizing the collects as data in your app. Usage, creation, and adoption will skyrocket for those who focus on the “collecting” side of the creator/collector equation.
The following tweet inspired this post:
- i get 0 engagement on lens
send halp @stani.lens
- People loosing interest in Lens?!
Lens is still in beta and there are only 120k profiles.
Many don't have audiance to their interest/expertise. As per my observation in lens only artist has audiance.
Do we need any changes here? If network is ready is it the right time to launch fully functional mainnet and allow mass mint?
So that many can gain their own audience.
(Also single person can mint 10s of Profile, so POH can be the solution?!)
@stani.lens @nader.lens @lensprotocol.lens @gotenks.lens @yoginth.lens @christina.lens
- The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
- The beginning is the most important part of the work.