Nader Dabit (@nader) • Hey
Director of Developer Relations at @avara
- Life update: I've handed over official @lens/avara DevRel responsibilities to the incredible @lens/defispartan
Over the past year and a half, I've been lucky to work across a polished and diverse suite of web3 products like @aave @lens and ConnectKit by Family, while my conviction that on-chain social would spark a new wave of interest and innovation is playing out as we speak. It's been an awesome ride.
As I continue following my curiosity in this space, I'll still be heavily involved in the Lens ecosystem. As you'll see this week, things are just getting started!
I'll share more soon about how I’m doubling down at the intersection of the application and protocol layer, applying everything I've learned over the past 3 years to accelerate my impact on the web3 tech stack and developer education.
- 3 Years In Web3
3 years ago I started my Web3 career as a Junior Developer with Avara (on Aave). I recently transitioned internally from engineering to developer relations. It's been an exciting new...
- You can now build mobile apps with HTML 🤯
This enables your codebase to run on the web as well as compile to native binaries.
Made possible by React Strict DOM
See the codebase for a fully working POC here:
- **Another day, another LIP!**
I submitted a proposal to introduce "Profile Actions". Profile Actions would function like Open Actions, except you're acting on a profile instead of a post. Some example use cases include:
🗓 Recurring subscriptions, similar to Patreon, Twitch, or Substack
🪙 Personal/social tokens, like friend.tech or BitClout
✅ Social verifications and endorsements
- 1 year from now this is how the majority of us will be interacting on-chain
- no wallets
- no addresses
- no signing
- no gas
- social / ens accounts as identifiers
- mobile first
this codebases leverages account abstraction + social login as a POC https://github.com/dabit3/xp-mobile-account-abstraction
- New post & codebase - Build sybil-resistant apps with @worldcoin ID
Tackling sybil-resistance while providing clean UX isn't easy, but this is a step in the right direction
- our princess @lens/jessyjeanne is joining the final episodes of @lens/unlonely with moi💕💕
tune in tomorrow to see us live! ➡️ streaming on: unlonely.app
- this post belongs to @club/ai or @club/lens i’m not sure
- Shello amazing beings! 🧜🏻♀️
crypto mermaid is getting ready to swim to @unlonelyapp tomorrow!
Gotta look for the king of Phaver Lagoon...do you think I am gonna find it there?
Bubbly bye for now!
~ 𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙤𝙣 @lens/lenspostxyz - 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙒𝙚𝙗3 𝙎𝙤𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙎𝙩𝙪𝙙𝙞𝙤
- haven't bridged to Blast yet, anon? you're missing out on TWO AIRDROPS, potentially THREE. don't be $MAD
deposit ETH on Blast with my referral code to join my squad
and join my money club on MadFi. more details to come.
- what / who should I be collecting on Lens today?
- in web2 people still complain about open source incentives misalignment, with large companies not giving back to people who made them successful
meanwhile in web3 yet another multimillion $$ airdrop was given to developers for OSS work over the past couple of years
- How to build a cross-platform AI-enabled Frame 🖼️
↳ Generate images in a social feed w/ natural language
↳ Powered by Fal AI Latent Consistency SDXL & Next.js
↳ Deploy + use on both Lens & Farcaster clients
↳ Only 120 LOC
🔗 Portal spec
🔗 Frame spec
- + hi,
+ music belongs to you, not platforms.
+ join us, sign the manifesto.
- New video + codebase 🔮
How to combine
↳ Account abstraction
↳ Web2 login - OAuth + email
↳ On-chain social
To build better UX
- Another day another GM lens!
- In the light of going permissionless, we added more community gardeners (and kept some Lens team members for now) to the report spam/bots and low quality signals. As usual, the protocol allows anyone to post content and interact with other users. Lens API is used to enable enhanced experience across Lens apps thats using Lens.
Here is the list (if you want to help, feel free to drop your name below in the comments)
These profiles operate with 3 strike system. Report once = 1 week rate limit, report twice = 3 week rate limit, report three times = indefinite rate limit on the API. Kind reminder that rate limit will only reduce reach through Lens API (used by many of the Lens apps) and apps that have their own backend that would reflect the gardener actions. Developers have the opt-in option to use it or not. Reported users data is still retrievable from the protocol level and these users (most likely bots) would be still able to interact with the protocol but friendly apps won't give them reach.
There is no data available for who reported a profile for obvious reasons, however flags can be disputed (dispute system can be created via LIP for example).
This system is a quick win for permissionless and can be improved and governed via LIP as we the community can assess how the system works. Adding and removing names could also be governed via LIP in the future (i.e. removing Lens team members etc). Hopefully gardeners will make Lens a better place upon going permissionless.
Feel free to leave your thoughts below.
- **Opening the garden**
art by @lens/notgonnamakeit
Limited Collect for 1 MATIC
80% going to the artist, and 20% going to @lens/creators to collect and tip more creators on Lens.
- wake up. see this. build, improve, fix something. repeat.
- what should I be collecting on Lens this week?
- Going to try and release between 4-5 videos tomorrow going over apps I’ve been building.
Short form, in the range of 5-10 minutes each, each with their own codebase. Let’s see what I can do.
- I’m finding the conversation flow much nicer on Orb V2. Feels like I’ll be engaging a lot more.
- new portal - in-portal image creation 🔮
this uses a Latent Consistency Model (LCM) to rapidly generate images using natural language, which allows the response time to stay below the 5 seconds required
press the button to generate an image using a random prompt
- Booking my flight to ETH Denver today. Haven't been this excited to be going to a web3 event since I first joined the space, can't wait to be there and see everyone!
If you are building something on-chain that you're excited about, I'd love to learn more about it over coffee.
- There is a working group that is putting together a standard for building frames/portals to provide a consistent API that developers can use to build cross platform apps that work across all web3 social networks.
I think this will be great because developers can write once run anywhere and get even more distribution without much extra work!
- web2 social - 5,000,000,000 users
web3 social - ~50,000 users
100,000 times smaller, 100,000 times the opportunity
- Lets talk about Opening Up the Garden!
Join us on Buttrfly tomorrow at 12:30PM EST where Stani & the Lens team will be answering questions on LIP-5
- Prediction: Open Actions and Reference Modules will lead to an entire ecosystem of Lens native social/meme tokens.
In my opinion, the missing piece to launch this ecosystem is a permisionless way for creators to integrate open actions into Lens apps. Frames/Portals are an interesting step in this direction. I am personally committed to revolutionize the user and developer experience around this.
- Testing a Frame / Portal in 35 lines of code.
- gm☀️ the lens community call is happening in 30 mins ^-^ I’ll be checking in as a speaker✨
Lens Creator Corner ✨
- What are your favorite developer docs? Drop some links please. 🙏
- Raise your hand below if you would like to become a gardener? Basically getting little bit more rights to flag spam and combat on bots. Looking for initial set of people based on interest (and your activity within the Lens community). The first round of gardeners can be ad hoc and next rounds could be managed via LIP. Raise your hand below if you are interested to help Lens retaining quality while going permissionless 👋🏻
- We've been making updates to the Open Actions directory, and will continue to add new ones as they launch. 6 are now available there with a lot more coming down the pipe
the UX of using / implementing an action takes some thinking, because it is actually on chain, but we have some exciting UX improvements coming along soon 👀
- sharing my thoughts from twitter discussion to here!
lens built the most innovative tech stack for building social but not having excellent UX in any of the lens apps was one of the reasons users didn't stick to the apps!
we quite realized this early on and did many user interviews to find out users who stay still found @orbapp decent UX best across all the apps!
but we knew we could easily change this and make it at least 10x better or more, so for the last few months we went back to the building and built the new app from scratch! and i'm super excited to tell you that orb v2 is almost ready and about to launch in the coming weeks!
our major focus in this iteration was proving the excellent ux across the whole web3 social!
can't wait to roll this out already and get your feedback!
thanks to users who did stay and still use the orb every day!
- - @lens/lens going permissionless
- @lens/farcaster going mainstream
- @lens/talentprotocol V2 launch
- @lens/orbapp launching V2 too
Dude, we are sooooo fucking back! 🚀 2024 will be for Web3 social.
- Does this still work?
- what are the best events happening in Denver this year? I decided to ape at the last minute.
- GitHub banned the founder of the platform
the value proposition of a censorship-resistant version of GitHub that matches (or comes close to) the UX / DX is very clear.
he got unblocked because of his connections, but this should scare the average dev
I don't think the app should mirror all of the functionality of GitHub, just being able to know that you have a backup with history would be enough imo
- top sources of alpha for developers
1. following the right people on github (github feed)
2. scanning hacker news daily
3. following the right people on twitter / social
feels like github feed is underrated, I've discovered so much there that completely flies under the radar
- Good morning!!
Tonight in 'The Lounge' we have 3 special guests...
Koala Day 🐨
Hippie Life Krew ☮️
Middle Earth Cats🐱
Join us at 6 PM EST for a community spotlight! 👇
- I truly care about decentralization thats why I am building Lens
- On this episode of Rehash, we’re speaking with Gabriel, founder of Mochi, a coordination game for autonomous worlds.
AI and blockchain are two buzzwords anyone operating remotely adjacent to the tech space has heard a lot of in recent years, but we haven’t heard much of the two concepts operating together.
Gabriel believes there’s actually a strong case for AI and blockchain to operate together, and in this episode he shares why he believes blockchain and crypto can have a strong impact on AI and provides a plethora of fascinating examples and future use cases for the two to interoperate.
We then get into a discussion about autonomous worlds - how Gabriel defines them, what they unlock, and why they might be the next evolution of DAOs.
💼 COLLECT THIS EPISODE
👋 FOLLOW US
Eternal Garden: https://eternal-garden.xyz/
S5 E5 | Onchain World Building w/Peter Pan: https://rehash.mirror.xyz/GKqi1D_RMV_96mAUixdeRVDLUrRVr9lLFKtRrKDB4Ok
2:48 How do blockchain and AI work together?
10:48 Barbenheimer Meme Bomb
17:09 Implications of onchain AI on real world scenarios
20:47 What are autonomous worlds?
28:23 Are autonomous worlds the next evolution of DAOs?
31:02 Real world applications of autonomous worlds
35:16 Questions from Twitter
44:12 Gabriel’s predictions for ETH/BTC high prices in 2024
46:43 Follow Gabriel
DISCLAIMER: The information in this video is the opinion of the speaker(s) only and is for informational purposes only. You should not construe it as investment advice, tax advice, or legal advice, and it does not represent any entity's opinion but those of the speaker(s). For investment or legal advice, please seek a duly licensed professional.
- New bounty:
Come up with the coolest idea for a Frame / Portal. You don't even have to build it, just spitball the coolest idea.
Amount: 100 Matic
- Ok going to try this- setting a bounty of 200 Matic for someone to build a portal to:
- Way to vote directly into https://jokerace.xyz/
- Buy a Shopify product in feed;
- Mini snake app game (h/t @lens/yeast )
@lens/nader @lens/defispartan @lens/bradorbradley
- gm ☀️
@lens/pointless is not about money, it’s about having fun. 🥳🤷♀️
EVERYONE (on lens at 15th December) got $pointless airdropped, everyone can have fun for free. Sounds crazy I know ;-).
thanks @lens/kaira for being the first lens app powering $pointless collects.
$pointless collects eating @lens/lens here are just a few ... (pls feel free to comment other posts collectible with $pointless)
wen $pointless tipping? @lens/hey @lens/buttrfly
- gm. who’s survived in CTG until now?
- Crypto job market for developers is much stronger than the traditional job market right now. Interesting how these things seem to go back-and-forth and through different cycles.
Once you have a specialty, there is no downside to diversifying your skillset and your network.