Mark (@grothe) • Hey
SWE @ Aave
⚽️ 🏌🏼♂️ 🏗
- Was able to finally work on this sign I'm making over the long weekend. I'm going for a neon sign look. I poured a 3/8" thick layer of colored epoxy into the into the routered template. And then after it cured, planed the board down until the epoxy was showing through on the back. I'm planning on making a little enclosure for it and then backlight it with LEDs, but for now I'll probably just put it in the window in my office, I like the natural light coming through.
- The @aaveaave.lens DAO has successfully launched GHO on the Ethereum Mainnet.
Congrats to the Aave community on this historic moment!
GHO is the manifestation of the ethos of "Internet People" - those who believe in the transformative power of decentralization and the democratization of finance. It's about building a future where everyone can participate with equal access. GHO paves the way for a more transparent, decentralized and efficient financial future.
The beauty lies in its design. Overcollaterized and transparent, it's minted using assets supplied into Aave Protocol V3 as collateral. What sets GHO apart is its commitment to the broader Aave community. The repaid interest on GHO is redirected to the Aave DAO treasury. This supports the sustainability of the protocol and the ongoing development of new features.
GHO's price is pegged to null USD within the Aave Protocol. This design supports stability and utility, helping maintain GHO's peg to the dollar. For those staking AAVE tokens in the Safety Module, a discount on GHO awaits. It's a testament to the belief in rewarding those who contribute to the security and robustness of the Aave ecosystem.
Together, we're not just building a product; we're building a community.
Learn more about GHO here: https://aave.mirror.xyz/t7qcU668gSp9teT_SBhJb9_AVcbv8kpzvd0IpP39lBw
This is just the beginning of the GHO journey.
GHO with us at gho.xyz.
- The highly anticipated AIP to deploy @gho.lens on the Ethereum Mainnet is now live.
Voting opens in 24 hours.
Read and discuss here: https://app.aave.com/governance/proposal/?proposalId=268
- Who's hacking on Aave and @gho.lens at @ethglobal.lens Lisbon?
@aavegrants.lens has $10,000 up for grabs:
5️⃣ Plus the 5 best GHO integrations will receive $500 each!
Tune in with Dev Rel Engineer @jessglover.lens to hear more and check out this page for the full list of ideas and resources: https://t.co/Exkb7v8xfK
- Let's GHOOOOOOO! We are live on Testnet! 👻 gho.xyz
Stay up to date on all things GHO here (and grab the genesis edition collect!)
- Big thanks to our Aave Fam! 🤍
Aave Protocol V3 is now live on the Ethereum market 🚀
”The most exciting aspect of V3 is its flexible design, which enables a variety of new risk mitigation features, and its improved capital efficiency and decentralized liquidity – all while reducing gas costs.” @stani.lens
With the deployment of V3 on Ethereum mainnet, Aave’s first and largest market, our community has unlocked new technical features and benefits, including 👇
🔋 **High-Efficiency Mode:** allows users to increase their capital efficiency when supplying and borrowing correlated assets like stablecoins and liquid staking derivates (LSDs)
💪 **Isolation Mode:** enables more assets to be listed on Aave as collateral while maintaining the security of the protocol. Liquidity risks can be siloed by listing assets in isolation mode.
⛽️ **Gas Optimization:** reduces gas costs associated with all the functions across the board by ~ 20-25%.
Our migration tool for moving your assets from V2 ➡️ V3 is ready to help all the DeFi ghosts 👻 out there to move your positions over smoothly in a single transaction. Deep dive into the migration tool and more in the V3 ETH blog here: https://aave.mirror.xyz/K9gQPsv-hAH-gO4oH2i0Oen8uQEHYL5q8x9xjN9XnmA
Decentralization drives our community forward 🚀 and with this shared mission in mind, we will continue to build and innovate together 👻.
- This wasn’t meant to be a test piece, but the board warped pretty bad after I re-sawed it down to the thickness I wanted 😅. So playing around with colors to get the look I want. Needs some cleanup after the resin cures, but I’m happy with how it’s looking so far
- The new year is upon us, and I always see it as time to celebrate accomplishments and lessons learned of the year and as a time for renewal, growth, and self-improvement. It’s also a subtle reminder that resolutions don’t have to just start on Jan 1, they can start any day of the year.
Here’s to 2023, and whatever it may bring for us. Cheers! 🎊
- Got another project in the works 👻👀
- gm just gonna be shoveling out from this snow drift all day 😭🥶
- Well we got this done just in time for Christmas for our daughters. Lofted beds with a little play area underneath. My wife and I took turns between watching the kids and working on this at night and on the weekends. Can’t wait to see their reaction on Sunday morning. Here’s some before/during/after pics
- gm kicking off another weekend buidling
- 💜💜🚨 ALPHA ALERT 🚨💜💜
WANT TO GET YOUR HANDS ON THIS EXCLUSIVE EMBROIDERED #LENS X #ORB T-SHIRT 👕?
3* SIMPLE STEPS TO ENTER:
1. FOLLOW @gotenks ✅
2. MIRROR this Post ✅
3. COLLECT this Post ✅
THE GIVEAWAY WILL END ON 21/12/22. ANY ENTRIES AFTER THIS DEADLINE WILL NOT BE VALID. WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE 22/12/22
A WINNER 🥇 WILL BE SELECTED AT RANDOM USING @lensdropxyz.lens (THANKS TO @tjelailah.lens)
(FREE POSTAGE WORLD WIDE, WINNER NEEDS TO DM DELIVERY DETAILS, SIZE SMALL EUR. IF NO RESPONSE FROM WINNER WITHIN 24 HOURS THEN THE GIVEAWAY WILL BE RE DONE*)
BEST OF LUCK #LENSFRENS 🌿🔮💚👀
#LENS #LENSTER #ORB #LENSFAM #GIVEAWAY #LENSMERCH #EXCLUSIVEDROP #FREE #GOTENKS #GHOSTGANG100X #GM #FRENS
- HI I’m Tim Saccenti, a photographer + director based in New York City and Los Angeles. My practice fuses my love of experimental art, technology and electronic sound. I love mixing the alchemy of light, atmosphere and the optics of photography with mis-used, often broken, software and hardware effects.
I am one-half of Setta Studio, a multidisciplinary creative cult working for and with our favourite artists.
- hello world! I'm happy to finally be part of the lens ecosystem. \n\nI'm p1xelfool, an artist trying to understand the phenomena that we experience through screens.\n\nI've been doing art for nearly 18 years. My work materializes by using code as my main tool, so you could call me a generative artist.\n\nIn the past 2 years I've done more than 15 online and physical exhibitions across the internet and the world. I've been lucky to have my work acquired by many wonderful collectors, including Flamingo DAO, Curated, Art On Internet, Galaxy Interactive, among others.
- DJ and Producer @dannydaze.lens was spinning at weddings by age 14, funneling his earnings into vinyl to play raves on the side. Known for his love of the experimental Dutch electro & Detroit Techno scenes of the 90s, Daze’s risk-taking & punk approach is at the core of everything he does and it’s a big part of the ethos of his label, Omnidisc.
Check Danny out on Instagram for more information: https://www.instagram.com/dannydaze/
- @elliepritts.lens is a renowned multi-disciplinary artist and accomplished curator whose work explores reinterpreted nostalgia via recursive analog and digital processes. Ellie started her career as a classically trained cellist who went on to study film photography at Columbia College when she was 14. Today their compelling, prismatic work has earned the praise of TIME, WIRED, and many more. Ellie is widely known for her role in launching and Art Directing Apple’s Instagram profile.
Check out Ellie’s Instagram for more: https://www.instagram.com/elliepritts/
- Buidl weekend! Going to make my daughters lofted beds with a little play area underneath. Hopefully it’s done in time for Christmas 🎄
- The Aave Fam is growing! It’s no secret that our team has been innovating in social media, with Lens Protocol to bring power back to users, right where it belongs. To continue our mission, we’re thrilled to announce the acquisition of Sonar, a mobile-first metaverse.
The metaverse has brought a whole new social layer to the internet, where users can truly own, collect and trade NFTs that make up their digital identity.
Co-founders Ben and Randolph have world-class experience in innovating in the social space, with Ycombinator’s Sonar being the first mobile metaverse where players built worlds using emojis and connected with spatial audio.
The Sonar team will be joining and bringing a new level of consumer experience to @LensProtocol, [redacted], and [redacted].
Sonar will continue as the newest addition to the Lensverse — existing Sonar users and Moji holders can now mint their Lens account profiles at claim.lens.xyz for the next 14 days.
In just over 6 months since launching in closed beta, Lens Protocol has surpassed 105k profiles & over 7.8M gasless transactions. Now with the talent and expertise of the Sonar team joining Lens, we are full steam ahead on our mission to develop the next generation of social.
Full Press Release here 👇
Please join us in giving the Sonar team a warm welcome, and collect a limited edition ‘Sonar 🤝 Aave’ NFT below!
- gm. Feels like a good day for a win 🇺🇸⚽️
- Let’s gooooooo 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸⚽️⚽️⚽️
- Not sure how I feel about the semi-automated offside assistant at the World Cup. That call the wiped out Ecuador’s goal was technically the right call, but damn, it was so close.
- The string manipulation types built into TypeScript (Uppercase<Stringtype>, Lowercase<Stringtype>) always seem so cool. But when I go to actually use it it seems like it just introduces unnecessary complexity.
- Welcome to Lens @0xjaen.lens 🌿
Jaen just released Lens Token Gated Posts - an Open Source project implementing Lit Protocol to enable users to encrypt and token-gate their posts on @lensprotocol 🔥
- Came home from London to find my wife had finished my office at home! Not sure how she found the time between watching 3 kids while I was gone, but it turned out sooo good. She’s amazing ❤️
- About to crack this open. Got it for my birthday this week. 🍻
- Got in my last round of the year (probably). Figured it was fitting to play here on Halloween 🎃
- Perfect day for a pumpkin patch 🎃❤️
- 🛳 BuidlGuidl Shipping Log #4 out today!
Checkout the post for:
- 🦄 Devcon Bogotá Updates
- 🎀 Bow Tie Friday Builds
- 👥 Content Highlights
- 🏰 SpeedRunEthereum & BuidlGuidl Updates
- NBA opening night recap:
Lakers not so good
James Harden lol
- Can't believe this was our home 4 years ago. My wife and I remodeled nearly every square inch of this house. There used to be a wall separating these two rooms.
- Can’t believe this was our house 4 years ago. My wife and I remodeled nearly every square inch. There was a wall separating these two rooms
- Yesterday Lens Protocol announced the CultivatorDAO (👩🌾,👨🌾) to establish community driven content curation for Trust & Safety. Going to share our vision below on how we see the web3 social stack evolve 🧵
First, Lens Protocol is a decentralized social media protocol that acts as a registry to point content and followers. Users can link to any content which can be stored on-chain & off-chain. Most of the content is off-chain (stored in IPFS or Arweave etc).
The Protocol is flexible enough to link the content even to a private cloud or to a self-hosted environment. This is an interesting use case for follower and token gated content. It's up to the applications and users to choose how they use Lens Protocol.
Lens Protocol design guarantees users the access to their own social network. You don't need to trust centralized or off-chain platforms with your followers. Meaning every user has their own social network.
Not only you own your own network, but you also have the ability to broadcast content in a permissionless and censorship resistant way. Anyone you grant the access to your content has the ability to explore your creativity and self expression. This is decentralization by design.
While decentralization is groundbreaking for web3 social, the amount of information and finding relevant peers and content for you to discover would be a time consuming mission. This reason is why we would see another stack evolve - the middleware - where curation lives.
The middleware layer already exists on Lens Protocol, there are tools such as Graph Protocol, RSS3, Sepana and the Lens API. The middleware layer consists from widely decentralized appoaches to being progressively decentralized depending on the use cases they serve.
The latest addition to the middleware are communities such as the CultivatorDAO, focusing on curation with Trust & Safety in mind. Where code cannot solve everything, we need communities to reflect their values and govern.
The DAOs of the Lensverse will serve the application layer for various tasks ranging from building discovery algorithms, content moderation and solving various challenges that social media faces today.
The key difference between the web2 and web3 social stack is that in web3, the stack is completely open. When you don't like a policy or an experience, as a user you should be able to find a new experience without leaving behind your accumulated social capital.
Hopefully we will see small communities evolve across the web3 social ecosystem, being utilized for tasks that would benefit from community governance.
I would even imagine that every social media application built on top of Lens Protocol would have its own DAO consisting of its community members voted by the community that reflects the their own values.
Most importantly, these DAOs can operate transparently and since the measures taken by these DAOs are public, there should not be any shadow banning (see here: https://lenster.xyz/posts/0x05-0x0417).
By ensuring human assessment and the design that leads to decentralization, we are able to ensure that web3 social doesn't become a closed platform and users are able to access to open social networks that are driven by community engagement & stewardship.
Building a decentralized stack is a harder exercise than starting from a centralized approach, but brings the benefit of fully verified content linking on-chain wherever you store your content, ownership to your social graph, ability to use timestamps and create programmability.
And most importantly: decentralized and on-chain content and follower registries opens up the programmability and composability to another level. Imagine pairing Lens with tools like Simo, Lit Protocol, DeFi, NFTs, ReFi and DAO governance.
Besides reachitecturing the social stack, part of the mission for the Lens team is to make the social stack more accessible. Now with all interactions across the Lens Protocol, users do not need to sign or pay any gas. Blockchain on the backend, party on the frontend 🥳
Next Monday, you will be able to vote for CultivatorDAO with your Lens Profile to signal your support for community driven stewardship https://snapshot.org/#/cultivatordao.eth/proposal/0xd512345eb6c9b7bbf57b28a8b4f7dc46d31ab6c19ac8ad5de4605fa52fcb9e98
If you love our vision and what we are building, collect and mirror this post to retain your early user flexing rights 🌿
- Introducing CultivatorDAO 🧑🌾👩🌾 the first Web3 social DAO designed for open, decentralized content moderation on Lens Protocol. It is the first solution for addressing spam, bots, and other risks that can damage your social graph.
CultivatorDAO is optional - meaning it can be "turned on" by developers and/or users - and helps address spam, mitigate the risk of bots, and further curate the social graph across the ecosystem.
CultivatorDAO is also forkable, meaning the Lens community can fork the DAO and create their own version that caters to their specific needs for content moderation.
We believe that open, decentralized content moderation leads to more user-centric web that is resistant to abuse and censorship. We are excited to see what the Lens developer community builds out 🏡
Read more in our blog: https://mirror.xyz/lensprotocol.eth/pIzwjs9uhH8eSS1Bx0K1r-3iHEgLlBt6ruPXcEJe0S0
- 🤌 Talking is overrated, our fave way to communicate is through the voice of memes
🚀 Introducing re:meme
🤩 We put smiles on people's faces, it’s honest work and it brings us joy
- Any recommendations for public golf courses to play in or around London? I'm hoping to get a round in while visiting next week.
- This was fun
- Gonna start posting my best rounds so I can collect them 😜
- Recently got my my own eth node running and wrote about the process