Cointelegraph (@cointelegraph) • Hey
The future of money
- The regulator has made a few efforts to help crypto firms comply with the rules that came into force on Oct. 8.
- Hayes may face short-term losses on his Solana buy-in, but the long-term upside looks promising as the cryptocurrency market recovers.
- Bitcoin eats away at upside which followed the Federal Reserve interest rate announcement, with BTC price action over $1,000 lower.
- Here are four factors supporting the argument for an upcoming Bitcoin bull run as BTC price breaks above $35,000, an 18-month high.
- Polygon co-founder Sandeep Nailwal won’t be happy until the project is successful enough to stand alongside Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- The license allows WadzPay to begin preparing to provide virtual asset services and activities under the VASP License for Transfer and Settlement and Broker/Dealer activities.
- Over half of musicians surveyed said they’re concerned with how their audience might perceive music created using AI, yet many artists have found it useful in their creative process.
- Crypto remittances are a lifeline for many people who need to send money to their loved ones, as they provide faster, cheaper and more transparent transactions than traditional methods.
- During 2023, several Satoshi-era Bitcoin wallets have risen from dormancy to transfer their BTC to a new address.
- ProShares’s new Short Ether Strategy ETF is set to start trading on the NYSE Arca under the ticker symbol SETH.
- SafeMoon was exploited in March earlier this year after a smart contract update led to a burn call vulnerability allowing hackers to transfer funds.
- Sanjay Raghavan believes that the tokenization of real estate could bring Web3 adoption and provide a diversification alternative for crypto natives.
- Hong Kong's securities regulator, the SFC, treats tokenized securities like traditional securities, subject to the same legal and regulatory norms.
- PayPal was the first large fintech firm to adopt digital currencies for payments and transfers after launching its stablecoin in August.
- Cointelegraph Accelerator welcomes Web3-friendly fintech platform Renegade to its program.
- The Swiss wCBDC pilot project will be hosted on SDX and use the infrastructure of Swiss Interbank Clearing (SIC).
- Stuart Alderoty expressed concern about the SEC’s repeated arbitrary and capricious actions in court cases, suggesting a troubling pattern under Gensler’s leadership.
- The U.K. says the investments will help its local scientific talent have tools they need to ensure that the most advanced AI models are up to safety standards.
- In September 2023, Tether also invested an undisclosed amount in Northern Data in a move backing AI initiatives.
- The momentary opening of the frozen bridge raised suspicion of it being an insider job as the trader in question was the only beneficiary.
- Switzerland’s St.Galler Kantonalbank has launched Bitcoin and Ether trading for select customers, planning to add more coins in the future.
- Bitcoin is attempting to ditch the past week's trading range, but longer timeframes reveal the potential for much more BTC price upside, predictions show.
- The ADGM’s new regulatory framework is the first of its kind in the world, it says. The free financial zone is already a hub of crypto activity.
- The first Web2 game of the series to be bridged to Ronin is Zoids Wild Arena.
- The role demands candidates to have the ability to provide strategic and tactical advice to crypto investigations, among other investigative qualities.
- Investors will likely see Bitcoin surge even more when a spot Bitcoin ETF is approved, but other factors are needed for the rally to sustain, warn analysts.
- Elon Musk argued that NFT projects “should at least encode the JPEG in the blockchain,” to the delight of many Bitcoiners.
- Christopher Hui took the stage at Fintech Week and outlined a list of regulatory moves Hong Kong authorities are looking to implement following the JPEX scandal.
- Solana’s scaling solution Firedancer is seen as a long-term solution to the blockchain’s once-frequent outages.
- Michael Saylor founded MicroStrategy has bought 6,067 Bitcoin since the start of the third quarter.
- Led by Chairman Jerome Powell, the Federal Reserve has halted the rise of interest rates. Will it be enough to fuel the surging market through Christmas?
- Prior to November 1, the last transactions has taken place more than 117 days ago, according to Multichain's explorer tool.
- Lazarus members posed as engineers and fooled exchange employees into downloading difficult-to-detect malware.
- ETH rallied alongside Bitcoin as new spot ETF news emerged, and the altcoin could benefit from the failure of its layer-1 competitors.
- The prosecution is delivering its closing arguments at the Southern District Court of New York, where Sam Bankman-Fried’s trial has been taking place since Oct. 3.
- ETH price continues to lose ground against Bitcoin. Cointelegraph takes a closer look at the factors behind the weakening ETH/BTC pair.
- YugaLabs won a $1.57 million court battle against NFT artists Ryder Ripps and Jeremy Cahen because of disgorgement and damages.
- According to charges, the men misappropriated $200 million in investor funds to spend on a luxurious lifestyle.
- The e-HKD CBDC Pilot Programme will enter phase 2 following praise from the city's monetary authority.
- Need to know what happened in crypto today? Here is the latest news on daily trends and events impacting Bitcoin price, blockchain, DeFi, NFTs, Web3 and crypto regulation.
- Bitcoin is struggling to clear the hurdle at $35,000, signaling the possibility of a short-term pullback.
- The ‘World App’ for iOS and Android has now been downloaded 4 million times, according to data collected by its development team, Tools for Humanity.
- By tokenizing physical assets, NFTs provide new opportunities for ownership, investment and engagement.
- The former FTX CEO faces seven counts of conspiracy and fraud. A New York court will decide his fate.
- Bitcoin posted a classic "Uptober," but risk assets across the board risk a serious contraction, forecasts warn.
- The U.S. government delivered its closing arguments in New York in an effort to convince the jury that SBF is guilty of fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud.
- Licensed by the FCA on Oct. 31, 2023, PayPal has requirements or restrictions placed on the financial services activities that it can operate.
- The U.K. AI Safety Summit concluded its first day with a common declaration, the U.S. announcing an AI safety institute, China willing to communicate on AI safety and comments from Elon Musk.
- Two key BTC supply metrics show conflicting signals on whether a retracement will occur before the Bitcoin halving.
- NFT artist Patrick Amadon is proudly “pro-rioter,” as Hong Kong Art Week discovered, and he’s at home in crypto, where everyone’s a rebel.